Friday, January 9, 2009

week one...sort of

I completed my first week since holiday break. Next week will be tougher as I will have both schools and my private students so this was a nice way to wade into the pool. I got a few new students this quarter and there are some nice surprises in there - a couple of guys with promise and all of the girls are good instintive singers so I am hoping for a fun quarter. The class looks to be a bit more animated than the previous one, but this is the easy part of the syllabus, so we'll see how they are in a couple of weeks, but if nothing else I am in a better spot than last time since I have one quarter under my belt.

I have no idea what I am doing this weekend. I am will definitely run, not because I love it, but because I feel better when I do and that's a good enough motivator for the moment - if that lasts into the semester I will be thrilled!

I have the travel bug again - perhaps its always there lingering. I think too that I need to get in the hills for some hiking very soon. I miss it terribly and its one of those activities that I am never sorry to have undertaken. I'll be checking into nearby places where I can see something like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment