Friday, January 2, 2009

Brrr

So - we have started the new year. 2009 is here and soon I will be busy, busy, busy. Last night we rang in the year with an oyster roast which was great fun. As usual, we had the outdoor fire pit blazing to keep us warm and the fire for the oysters - it was all a great success indeed. I was so cold when the party was over I couldn't get warm and I thought I'd get a hot shower to warm up and to get the smell of campfire out of my hair. Alas, there was no hot water since the dishwasher had just run - or so I thought. This morning, hair reaking of campfire and feeling the effects of the celebration, I was looking forward to a hot shower. The universe conspired against it as there is still no hot water and I have flipped all the switches we have - so here I sit - still reaking of campfire even though I did wash my hair over the sink. We have a call in to the landlord, so hopefully, the shower isn't too far away. I trust this is not a sign of things to come for the new year!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG that sucks!!! Although, smelling like a campfire is certainly nothing new for you...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but by the second day it looses its charm

    ReplyDelete