Sunday, January 4, 2009

Vacations End

Today is my last day of vacation. It is bittersweet...I love being off and having time to exercise and read, but I never accomplish what I really want to on break and maybe that's okay. I am sure all the laziness and exercise were as good for my soul and body as being forward thinking would have been, but as I sit facing another quarter at SCAD and the Spring semester looming at Georgia Southern, I can't help but wonder if a little bit of my time could have been spent more constuctively. BUT one of my New Years resolutions was to kick myself less, so I am going to let this go and just hope for the best tomorrow. I will appreciate that even though I am going to GSU tomorrow, it doesn't start for another week so I won't be completely in over my head for another week (hint, expect similar post next Sunday). I have the car loaded, the syllabus copied, the pre test made and a fairly good idea of what I am doing in class tomorrow so all in all it could be worse.

I just read my friend Mimi's latest post about a snowy Sunday and it made me think fondly of snowy days....of course having a lovely 70 degree day in January, while not altogehter seasonal, is still a lovely day. I did accomplish shaving a minute off my last 5k which was good and I have a chicken I plan to roast for dinner. I hope to find something interesting to serve alongside that when I go to the grocery store for school lunches.

As it is still early afternoon and this is my last day of freedom I am going to endeavor to get away from the computer, finish the book for book club and enjoy the sunny day. Good luck to all of you returning to school on Monday - only 5 months until summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment