Friday, January 16, 2009

Vacation adventures part 1

We got to Asheville as expected - the cabin - took us another hour to find. Its cute, just as photographed. Got the oven preheated for the pizzas we brought in our cooler and settled in to eat. I tried to turn on the fireplace - all I managed to do was turn off the pilot light DOH! Figuring I would just take a break, I visited the quaint bathroom - did my business - no flush. No worries, I am industrious. I took the cover off the tank to take care of the problem. No water in the tank, turned on the faucet, no water - walked around outside and realized one of my worst nightmares. Found a crawl space with lots of pipes, bravely went in - found nothing. SO still we sit, no water, left messages with both of the numbers we have for emergency contacts - no call back as of yet. So...looks like no shower, no teeth brushing and worst of all no coffee in the morning - other than that the place is perfect. OH - did I mention the crazy assed dog? The first road we turned down turned out to be what I am sure is some crazy Stephen King inspired road equipped with its own Cujo car chaser - yeah...it may indeed be a long night. There was a Days Inn about 1 mile away - worse comes to worse I guess we can bunk there and get a refund, but that takes away the mountain cabin charm I was hoping for.

More adventures to come - hopefully all good ones! Wish luck!!

p.s. - I did manage to get the pilot light relit, but still can't get the logs to come on!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! I hope things get better and you don't have to leave the cabin...

    ReplyDelete