Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last Sunday in August

I can't believe how quickly August went - September right around the corner and the year will then just steamroll away - sigh. At least we are getting somewhat cooler temps as the evenings come around bringing some promise of fall and nicer weather for outdoor activities. The downside of all the rain we have had all summer is that even though it is getting nicer outside, the mosquitoes are taking over the world! School is back in swing although I still have one that will start after labor day so I am not yet in full swing, easing my way back in; working with new students and trying to avoid swine flu (college kids are germy). I've been doing well on the running, trying to extend my distance so I can possibly run a 10k in December. I am up to 5 1/2 miles with a day of recovery in between so I am pretty close, I just need to build up my endurance so it doesn't take so much out of me. I've been doing some singing lately - just completed a recital with the voice faculty at Georgia Southern - we sang the entire 26 Italian Songs and Arias, it was a fun night - now I am preparing a duet from Norma and getting back in the swing/sing of things. Lots of cooking in August - hoping to do even more as September rolls around...I am already looking forward to the traditional "first pot of chili" of fall - its always a the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment