Friday, August 7, 2009

10K

No, no. I haven't made it up to a 10K yet, but am contemplating one in December. I have done the Savannah Bridge run for a couple of years now and I have really enjoyed it. I have accomplished the 5k many times now and at best can hope to best my time. I was thinking about trying the 10K this year and when a book club buddy decided to register for the 10K I went into full gear (full gear for one day now) trying to increase my run from 3 miles to 6. Today I accomplished 4 and had energy for more (slowing down the mph really helps in this regard) but am trying to stick to the training schedule I found online that helps you avoid injury and since I have hips susceptible to injury - I am not gonna go crazy with the training. So...tomorrow I will try to do some strength training and then Sunday will be my maintenance run. No idea if I can actually pull this one off, but it gives me something to accomplish other than trying to memorize Italian songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment