Saturday, March 7, 2009

Shamrock Run

Friday I ran the annual Shamrock Run. It is a 5K run which benefits the March of Dimes. I'd say there were approximately 1400 runners in downtown Savannah Friday evening. Race time was at 6pm and the course wound its way through the squares downtown both starting and ending in City Market. I ran the Bridge Run back in December with minimal training and finished in a fairly respectable 36 minutes considering the first half of the course is uphill. I have been running a few times a week since then and was excited to run again. My goal was 34 minutes. I wanted to shave 2 minutes off my run. I was excited when I crossed the finish line at 32 minutes and even more excited when I checked the race results online and my chip time was actually just under 30 minutes!! I was, needless to say, quite excited with the result. I convinced Heidi to try the 5k - her first and she had a respectable finish as well and Suzanne registered at the last minute since she was off and she did well also. We wanted a before and after picture but so far, we only have the before - the after was taken by the race photographers so that will come later.



In the meantime - it is turning to spring here in Savannah. We walked around downtown Savannah today in shorts! whoop. More of that to come for sure. Tomorrow we are breaking in the trampoline and springing forward with a vengeance. More pictures to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment