Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fried Chicken

So - this is hard to believe since I am a born and raised southern girl..but this was my first attempt at fried chicken. I don't know why, but I had a craving for it. I soaked the chicken for a few hours in milk and when I was ready to cook it - I put about 1/2 inch of oil in a cast iron skillet. I tossed the chicken with flour, salt, pepper and paparika then fried the chicken for about 10 minutes per side or until done (poultry needs to reach 180 degrees).



I served this along side another first of a sort, though I had no reason to believe it wouldn't work. I made a mixture of russet and sweet potato mash with a bit of chipolte and cheddar cheese - it was pretty yummy. Unfortunately the picture is fuzzy, but it tasted pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment