Sunday, May 10, 2009

May is a mixed bag so far

Good:
May arrived with good weather and a nice weekend with a visit from a good friend. We hung out cooked some dinner and then I made her run a 5K with me – we didn’t set any land speed records, but we finished and had a good time.




Bad:
I then caught some sort of plague from one of my many students. It is still hanging on despite cough medicine with codeine and a course of antibiotics.

Good:
I completed another year at Georgia Southern and my students sang very well at their juries. It was a tough year trying to juggle two schools and private students and I am not sure they didn’t all get shorted in some way. I will try to do better next year and not over extend myself.

Bad:
This could mean that I have to nix the private students.

Also Bad:
I have three weeks left at SCAD including finals and make-up lessons for the time I was out sick with the plague.

Better:
Felt well enough to have dinner with friends last night. It was an early evening, but I made the squash cakes I have become so fond of and they were, again, a bit hit.

Good:
It is another beautiful sunny Sunday. It is Mother’s day and I remembered to get Mom a gift. I have nothing big to accomplish today other than getting prepped for school tomorrow and another long week lay ahead.

I wonder what the rest of the month will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment