Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chocolate Happiness

A little over a month ago I got a message from a recently reacquainted high school friend currently living and performing in Berlin. She asked what kind of chocolate I like. Of course I said dark chocolate. Well - a couple of days ago the package from Germany arrived and inside were gradually darker chocolate bars ranging from 50% all the way up to 99% and a special dark chocolate and chili bar I am saving.



Last night after a dinner I had red wine left and these chocolate bars so I did a tasting, starting with the 50% and working all the way up to the 99%. I have to say my favorite was the Cote d'Or 86%...it is hard to describe the different flavors, they of course get a bit more bitter, but really the only truly bitter one for my taste was the 99% which was not only bitter, but make me salivate and sort of made my gums feel like they were tingling. Also it does dye one's mouth.



I am looking forward to enjoying each of these and I will save the chili one until it can be put to good use, I always follow good advice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment