Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Weekend

I had a great day on Friday. I ran at Forsyth Park and enjoyed all the beautiful blooms. After my run I strolled around the park and took pictures. Friday evening I sang at a Tenebrae service. Saturday morning started early with a 5K race on the beach at Tybee Island. It was a nice morning, but harder to run in the sand than I thought - the last 1000 yards were in the deep sand and I felt like I was trying to cross country ski in flippers, but I managed to make it through with a respectable time albeit not my best. After the race I went downtown to pick up some honey. We have the terrific local honey store and I was almost out of Tupelo Honey - my absolute favorite. I walked down to city market and saw the mascot for our local baseball team, the Savannah Sand Gnats. I ended up shooting a scene with Gnate - the mascot - in which he tries to make friends with me by offering me a praline and I take some Off out of my purse and try to spray him. Probably I will get booed at every home game for trying to kill Gnate the Gnat, but it was fun nonetheless. I finally got home and had lunch and then joined my neighbor on the lawn for an afternoon beverage. We watched the birds frolic for a while and then both decided it was nap time. I came in and watch some baseball and collapsed on the couch. Tomorrow it is Easter and I have to sing the sunrise service at the Isle of Hope Marina and then the 11:00 service before finally getting to enjoy some time with family and friends for Easter dinner. It has been a fun weekend, but I feel as if it won't be as restorative as I would hope to get me ready for the busy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment