Monday, July 13, 2009

Vocational Test

I am evaluating my position in life. If I am doomed to be single forever I need to be able to live on my own, buy a house, and the other things one does as an adult usually with someone else, but if that's not to be the case then so be it. I love what I do. Teaching music to college students is satisfying and rewarding work and I love to see their progress as well as their love for what they do grow as they attain better skills in and more knowledge about music. The biggest problem I have with what I do is that I have yet to find a full time position. I am going on my fifth year since getting my doctorate and have not had the good fortune of a full-time job. I have been working part-time teaching jobs, eeking by and rolling the dice that next year will be the year. I think I am running out of next years. SO, I took some time today to take a vocational test to see what other things I may be suited for and would enjoy doing. My match came back with the over whelming result being - drum roll please......post secondary teacher in the creative arts. Damn. I guess I am doing what I am supposed to be doing - now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment