Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Vacation (s)

I am almost done packing (I think) for a trip to Colorado which has turned into a trip to a wedding which has turned into a bit more madness than I was probably prepared for, but all in all, I am sure it will be a great week with Mimi and Devin. I am back after that for about a day - enough time to do laundry and then load the car for drive up to Northern Virginia for another wedding! Two weeks, two weddings - whew. My hope in Colorado is that the altitude doesn't prevent me from getting in at least one great hike - I am hoping we have time built in for this. I also want to spend some time in the kitchen with Mimi - no telling what gourmet treasures we will invent or reinvent - but one thing for sure - it will be fun and it will be more than edible!

Virginia promises some visits with old friends and some favorite restaurants left behind. There is also a fair bit of awesome shopping within walking distance of the hotel so that has some promise. Hope too to get some time to spend in DC weather permitting - and a trek through the Shenandoah Mountains. This may be too much to two weeks but I undoubtedly end up wiht lots of good pictures and a few stories to share upon my return. I don't think I am going to try to take my computer with me to Colorado because it sounds like we will be in the car a lot, but I will take good notes so I can recreate my travels when I get home.

Safe travels to all of you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment